RevaSoft announces the immediate availability of ULC Release 4.0. ULC R4.0
is a patent pending thin-client technology for development of applications
based on Java. ULC enables rapid development of server based applications
that when deployed use very little bandwidth while providing the user with a
rich user interface.
ULC applications can be developed and deployed using any Java 2 compatible
ULC technology is ideal for organisations that would like to deploy
Java/Swing based applications across the Intranet or Internet without
incurring the cost of building custom servlets/applets that are expensive to
deploy to their clients.
R4.0 has a number of new features:
- Cleanup of the overall ULC API to closely match the Swing API allowing
developers moving from the Swing world to quickly get up to speed in ULC.
- Extensible Launcher and Security infrastructure based on industry standard
public key certificates allowing ULC applications to be safely deployed
across the Internet.
- A new ULC Transport extension mechanism that allows transports to be added
on the fly without requiring any change in existing ULC code.
- An optional ULC HTTP Transport enabling ULC applications to be deployed
as servlets within an existing Servlet 2.x container.
- Integrated support for Java Web Start allowing the ULC UI Engine to be
downloaded and launched on the fly.
- Improved developer documentation and a new ULC Cookbook.
- Improved support for building ULC applications visually within the IBM
VisualAge for Java Composition editor.
For more information regarding ULC technology download the ULC white paper (201 KB) - Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To download a 30 day trial release go to: Register & Download.